How to create a Thank You campaign
Whether you're brushing up on old skills or building your very first campaign, this step-by-step guide will teach you everything you need to know about creating a simple, email Thank You campaign in ThankView! The steps outlined below also apply to the following campaign types:
- Appeals / Solicitations
When you first log into your account, you'll find yourself on the Home page. There are two ways you can initiate the creation of a campaign.
- Click Create New Campaign in the Your Recent Campaigns section.
- Click Campaigns in the navigation bar at the top of your screen, then click Create New Campaign.
Once you do this, you'll be prompted to choose a campaign type. Select Thank Yous (or any of the other types listed above), and name your campaign. Lastly, select your delivery method: email or text message.
The First Name and Email/Phone number are required to upload recipients.
Click +Add Recipients or Start Adding Recipients. Select one of the following methods of uploading recipients:
- Upload Recipients All at Once
- Add from Lists
- Add Manually
- Add from Contacts
Upload Recipients All at Once
Before uploading, make sure your spreadsheet is in .csv, .xls, or .xlsx format. You can then either drag-and-drop or browse your files.
Once you upload your spreadsheet, you will be prompted to use dropdown data fields to choose which column headers of our platform correspond to the column headers in your spreadsheet. If your spreadsheet doesn't have column headers, you can uncheck the Data Includes Headers box.
Make sure to check the box at the bottom of this section that says These recipients have opted-in to receive ThankViews from [Your Organization].
If you've already created a list of the recipients you'd like to use, you can scroll through the Add from Lists section or search for the name of a specific list. Select your list, then click Continue.
You may manually add recipients by entering their contact information. The only required fields are First Name and Email, but the more information you enter, the easier it will be to organize your contacts and personalize your content.
Once you've entered the information, click Add Recipient.
At the bottom of the Add Manually section, click Add from Contacts. You can either search for a contact or select by scrolling through the list. Once you've selected your contact(s), click Add X Contacts.
Click Next Step to proceed once you have added all of your recipients to your campaign.
The Message section allows you to select how your ThankView will appear in your recipients' inbox. Here you'll determine the following:
- ThankView Appearance: the appearance of the ThankView in your recipients' inboxes
- Subject Line: the subject line that recipients will see in their email inbox
- Button Text: the call-to-action button in your email that will direct your recipients to the landing page
- Button Color: the hex code you would like to appear on your button
- Email Message: the message that will appear at the top of your email
- Sender Name: the name of the sender of this ThankView
- Sender Email Address: the email address from which this ThankView will be sent
- Reply To: the email address(es) that will receive any replies sent by recipients
- Font: the font that will appear on the email and landing page of this campaign
- Language: the language for the email and landing page of this campaign
- Share Title: the title that will display if you allow your video to be shared on Facebook
- Share Message: the message that will display if you allow your video to be shared on Facebook
You may click Preview Email to approve your setup.
Click Next Step to proceed once you have completed the email setup.
The Page section allows you to customize the appearance of your landing page, envelope, and description.
If you have not already, click Create Landing Page to create your own branded landing page. If you have already done this, select one of your landing pages.
Click here to learn how to use our Landing Page Builder.
If you have not already, click Create Envelope to create your own branded envelope. If you have already done this, select one of your envelopes.
Click here to learn how to use our Envelope Builder.
You may include text and a few merge fields for addressing your recipients on your envelopes, such as "Thank you, Bob!" or "You're invited, Sally!"
You may drive your recipients to take action with one of the following call-to-action elements:
- Enter your URL into the Link To: box.
- Enter what you would like the button to say in the Button Text box.
- Upload your PDF by clicking the +Upload PDF button and selecting the .pdf file from your computer.
- Check the Enable Sharing box if you would like to allow your recipients to share their PDF.
- Enter your embed code into the Paste Embed Code Here box.
This option is available for clients who have integrated ThankView with Givebutter. To learn more, please visit our Thankgiving webpage.
You may add up to 2500 characters below your video as a message. You may also include merge fields and emojis to personalize your message.
Toggle on the various secondary action buttons to allow your recipients to submit video and email replies, download their video, or share their video on Facebook.
Use tracking pixels to retarget viewers with online advertisements or to add them to Facebook custom audiences. To learn more, click here.
Click Next Step to proceed once you have completed the landing page setup.
No campaign is complete without a video! In fact, you are unable to send a campaign without attaching a video. Video sequencing is a four-part process that links various components together to create your ThankView video:
- Intro Theme
The Intro Theme, although optional, is a fun way to set the tone of your video with music, photos, or your organization's branding. We have an extensive library of templates you can use to reflect the occasion and make your ThankViews even more engaging.
To enable, toggle on Enable Intro, select your template, and add your image(s). You may then also customize your Intro Theme with music if you wish.
Click Next Step to proceed.
This is where you can personalize your videos for each recipient or a segmented group. You can also send one video to all of your recipients by clicking the upper checkbox to Select All.
There are three ways to attach a video to a recipient.
- Record directly via your webcam by clicking Webcam.
- Upload a pre-recorded video from your computer by clicking Upload.
- Choose from your existing videos in your portal's Video Library by clicking Library.
The Outro, which is also optional, is the image or logo displayed at the conclusion of your video.
To enable, toggle on Enable Outro, and either create a new Outro or select from one of your Outro templates.
There are two add-ons available:
- Add-On Video
The Add-On video is an optional, general video that is attached to all of your recipients. While the first video is one you can personalize for all or some of your recipients, the add-on video will be the same for everyone.
You may attach the Add-On Video using the same three methods for attaching a Recording.
These are borders or banners that will be put on top of your videos.
To enable, toggle on Enable Overlay, and make your selection.
You may click Preview Sequence to view each step of the sequence combined.
Click Next Step to proceed.
You will see a list of all of your recipients that have videos attached. Before sending your ThankViews, we highly recommend that you click Send Test so that you can preview the entire ThankView, including email setup, landing page, and video.
Once you have reviewed your ThankView, you are ready to send! Click Schedule All to send your campaign to all of your recipients at once, or check the box next to the recipients you would like to send to, and click Schedule.
You may then click Send Now, or click Schedule Send to schedule this campaign to be sent up to a year in advance.
If you toggled on the secondary action to enable your recipients to send video or email replies, this is the section where you will be able to view those messages.
If you have additional questions, please reach out to your Client Success Representative or firstname.lastname@example.org.